mercredi 3 janvier 2007

Ally and the music in our lives

One of my Christmas presents was the complete series of Ally McBeal, 5 seasons, 82 hours and 30 minutes of love, music, laughter, friendship, loneliness, hate and truth !!!

It all started when I watched the series in the beginning, 1997, the music, the way it is in her life, it sings her life, the words are always about her life, it brings out the emotion.

As I watch it again, and now it is even more exciting because I can watch whenever I want and it’s like a book you can’t put down, page after page, DVD after DVD I go through the 111 episodes, almost halfway…

The parts I like most is when John does his Barry White dance, when they do it all together in the “unisex”… John is a marvellous character.

It might be silly but it makes me think of life and I really feel there is always a message in the episode. Look in the mirror like they do sometime, they say : “What ?” “I always look in the mirror when something’s wrong !” Then listen to the theme song you picked out and make your shoulders move, dance to it and life becomes much easier!

I know some tough people out there will say, oh Sien is going nuts, but it is true, try it, it works.

Every year I used to spend New Years eve thinking of the year to come, quite pessimistic, thinking it would be another lousy year with the problems of everyday, working, going on with the normal things in life, not much to look ahead of, but this year...oh no, this year I started it of with very bright ideas, very positive and my theme song is going on and on and it is going to be THE year of transition!

Let’s all be positive and think what music can do to you. Listen to Vonda Shepard’s music, she brings it to you like no other and it really works !

I know it is all fiction but if you don’t dream life is not worth living and let all the people you love be part of it !

2007 is going to be a very good year ! I want it, and so it will be ! Happy New Year to all I love and cherish !

2 Comments:

At 05/01/2007 16:31, Blogger MacBuccaneer said...

Muziek is zo belangrijk in ons leven.
Het is op tweerlei wijze een expressie van emotie, door de componist die tracht een bepaalde sfeer of gevoel te omschrijven door middel van klanken, en door de luisteraar die geraakt wordt door de muziek, hetzij omdat hij het gevoel van de componist begrijpt, hetzij omdat hij zijn eigen gevoelens weerspiegeld ziet in de muziek.

De herinneringen aan de meest belangrijke momenten in mijn leven worden gekleurd door de muziek die ik in die periodes luisterde. Helaas ben ik zelf amuzikaal, ik consumeer alleen maar; van Herbie Hancock via Puccini, Bach, Flamenco & Joni Mitchell naar Bollywood muziek en weer terug. En altijd is er ruimte om iets nieuws te proeven.

Muziek inspireert, tilt je op, troost je en geeft je kracht. Geen leven zonder muziek!

 
At 05/01/2007 19:57, Blogger Sien said...

Into that swinging 2007 ! All together !

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home