vendredi 8 décembre 2006

Pablo and the fox

Yesterday I heard this terrible noice in the garden, thought our dogs were fighting or maybe with some other dog, I went out very quicly and to my big surprise I saw a fox running away in front of the gate through the fench to the garden next door.

I understood it was Pablo, our Golden Retriever, as a good huntingdog, who had got after this animal. I looked at him everywhere and could see his nose was bleeding, so they actually did fight. I cleaned the wound and the vet, I phoned immediatly, told me there was nothing to worry about as there is no rabbies in our region and our dog is well vaccinated. Just clean the wound and keep and eye on it.

It is incredible though that the fox actually comes around here, knowing that our houses are quite close and the woods are more than a kilometer away from here.
I hope neighbours with chicken didn't quite have the same surprise as me because the fox would have had his Christmas dinner before time I'm sure.

3 Comments:

At 10/12/2006 10:41, Blogger Michael van Eekeren said...

Nemo de zieke en zwakke kat, die steeds weer ergens een nieuw leven vandaan haalt, had het niet gered tegen zo'n slimme en gemene vos. Volgens mij is Nemo de negen levens al lang voorbij; ik heb deze zomer hierover erg gelachen met Valeria. Zij vroeg hoe oud die kat nu was en ik zei: 17. En toen zei zij: hij is al jaren 17, zolang als ik jullie ken is die kat al 17. Maar waarom vraag je het dan? Omdat ik elk jaar wil kijken of hij al 18 is.

 
At 14/12/2006 22:16, Anonymous Anonyme said...

ach, die Nemo. Volgens mij heeft i als jonge kat nog bij me gelogeerd en een muis gevangen. Er moeten foto's van zijn. Misschien iets voor een blogje binnekort. Met de verhuizing zal ik de foto's wel gaan tegenkomen, hoewel we de verhuizers als lekker laten inpakken, lekker luxe doen is ook wel eens fijn.

Dit is dus John, want inloggen om te commenten lukt niet meer....

 
At 14/12/2006 22:25, Blogger Sien said...

Als het mij ook niet lukt om in te loggen, dit is Sien meself, arme Nemo, hij is eergisteren ingeslapen, he went to a better world, without mean foxes but alot of cute angelpussy's... Hij gaat nu ook een boek schrijven, dat heet "KAT" (dedicated to his master "MAN") Goodbye Nemo, sleep tight !

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home