samedi 21 avril 2007

Ma Douce France II (explanations)

As a foreigner in France I am not aloud to vote for the president-elections. I have my opinions and some hopes on one of the candidates.

France is my country, I was born in Holland but have been living in France for almost 30 years now, so that is most of my life (being THAT old !!!)...
I cannot imagine living elsewhere, I tried to, when I was in my twenties, but always came back, something is just so wonderful about this country, life here is really a gift!

I read a lot and listen to the radio or watch television to keep updated about the elections, and also have discussions with friends and people around us to hear what they have to say.
My dear client and friend Manny gave me this yesterday, (he is an American, 75 years, and moved to the south of France with his lovely wife to retire here! They love France; they love the food and the wine... hours of discussions on all sorts of restaurants and menus!) So we talk about France and other interesting things and he gave me this poem (down in the first post) written by Rudyard Kipling (for those who forgot who HE is, click here) and I loved it. You can go to the complete work and read it all by clicking here.