mardi 5 septembre 2006

Something got me started.



It is incredible what music can do to you. I must admit that we went through a hard time with Bart’s illness, holidays were tough, too short and not very restful, and coming back in these circumstances was a little too much for me.
We are very happy things worked out well, and it all will end up by going fine.
School started again, Dorine, who we didn't forget; I will have to tell you about her sometime, she is a very emotional, sensible girl, was all shocked with her little brother in hospital, first night in the emergency was awful for her, she now takes care of him, brings back his homework and makes sure he is doing fine and they are building all the LEGO Bart received for his birthday.

Philippe is a rock but with a very soft heart, goes through all this as all time, started work again as like he never stopped, takes care of everybody’s problems and has no time to be upset…(like many men, it’s all inside !)

Yesterday I went off to an appointment, the first since we got back, I didn’t have time to see any clients and they were all very comprehensive. I took the car, drove off and switched on the radio…
Simply Red’s music started to play, on a radio that I hardly ever listen to, and I was surprised that they played this old song which makes you react right away…

As the music went along I was moving and as soon as Mick Hucknall sang out the words I couldn’t stop myself from singing along and tears were rolling down my cheeks, the further the song went, the louder I sang, I just let it all go!

This song brings back old memories, I used to have an Alfa Romeo Spider in the 80ties and I would drive from Monaco to Port Grimaud every weekend to stay there. Simply Red was my guide; their music is perfect for the car!

Yesterday it all came back to me and I was thinking of what had happened lately, also over the years, and what is to come. Philippe says I am giving myself a hard time by being so anxious about everything, our work (I want it to be perfect), the holidays that were too short and not what we expected (we had a lovely time being with my parents-in-law and we saw some very dear friends, but still, all too short) our house…we have to move soon, I hate moving (being a cancer… as long as my roots are in the ground, the house is fine, kids and family ok, then things are going well for me !) Bart in hospital, etc.
I could name some more but I was talking about the music, what it does to you, IT IS JUST FABULOUS! I can’t live without it and it gives me energy, I think Mick and his band gave me the right power to get through this autumn hoping things will work out fine (“of course they will” Philippe would say !)
Something got me started!

Something got me started

You know that I will love you

Lately since we parted

I truly know that I need you

I'd give it all up for you(Yes I would)

Totally broken-hearted

Guilty of what I did to you

Lately since we parted

I truly know that I need you

I'd give it all up for you(Yes I would)

You've got to help me, help me, help me

3 Comments:

At 05/09/2006 13:03, Anonymous Anonyme said...

Tja dat is de toekomst eigen, alles is spannend want je weet niet wat er komen gaat, maar voor je het weet heb je de toekomst al geleefd en ben je weer een stap verder, op naar de volgende ervaring....
Sterkte met alles! En blijven zingen, dat helpt dat heb je wel gemerkt;-)!

 
At 07/09/2006 10:47, Blogger MacBuccaneer said...

Lieve Sien,

Zoals Dorrie in Finding Nemo zingt: 'Blijf maar zwemmen, lekker zwemmen, wat moet je doen als je 't niet meer weet? Lekker zwemmen. etc...'

In jouw geval moet je maar lekker blijven zingen, zoals mijn zusje al zegt. En regelmatig de dingen van je afschrijven in je blog. Dan kunnen we, weliswaar op afstand, met je meeleven en je steunen.

Dikke knuffel voor je stoere gezin en voor jou; je redt 't allemaal wel en daarna kun je lekker- en verdiend- samen ontspannen.

 
At 07/09/2006 12:40, Blogger Sien said...

doet goed aan het hart, dank !

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home